Friday 2 July 2021

A speech on why we shouldn’t do speeches

Hi, my name is Nadia and I present to you my speech about not doing speeches. I’ve got a question to start things off: How many people here even like writing a speech?


Well it’s often difficult for people to produce an idea or topic they are confident enough to talk about, plus there’s sometimes the stress of a deadline. I’m talking from experience. 


To the people who do like writing a speech, do you like presenting it in front of others? If you do, I find you weird, don’t take it personal though. Some people can get anxiety or stage fright from public speaking so doing speeches isn't very pleasant for them.


I know I don’t seem like that type of person but even some of the most famous people are bound to get nervous. I mean look at me, even I’m nervous. *flips non-existent hair* But it's always good to step out of your comfort zone every now and then, it’s just better if you decide when and how.


Anyways, I’d like to thank you for listening to this speech, on not doing speeches. 


This is my speech. I choose to write it about not doing speeches. The task was to write and speech and present it to the class. We had a time limit where it had to be between 50-60 seconds. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nadia, I really like your speech. It's so funny and relatable. Keep up the awesome work :)

    ReplyDelete