Friday 18 September 2020

Tuvaluan dance workshop

For the first 2 learning periods of school we learnt a Tuvaluan dance. Not only did we learn a dance but we also learnt facts about the island, and about it's cultural dance clothes and the cultural dances, as well as a few words to say in Tuvaluan. I found all of this interesting because I didn't know much about Tuvalu, I don't know how anyone could say they didn't like the workshop.

As we learnt about Tuvalu a lot of us noticed the it wasn't that much different to other islands like Samoa or Tonga. A lot of the words were quite similar in a way, because it was so similar in ways it was actually easier to understand. The most enjoyable thing for me was doing the dance. At first I got the moves wrong a lot but I got the hang of it and found out that it is actually very fun to do. I would like to do something like this again, soon hopefully. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nadia my name is Raidon how are you ?
    I like how you love your school activities and learnt facts well doing some physical activities.
    Keep up the good work and stay safe
    Raidon

    ReplyDelete