Friday 3 July 2020

~Term 2 Reflection~

Home experience:
This term wasn't the most normal term, in fact this whole year hasn't been very normal so far. It's been quite the weird year, but to me that's what made this term a bit more interesting than other terms. By a bit more interesting I mean to say that because of the situation the world has been in there were many changes made for us to still be able to learn during that time. One of the changes would be starting the term online, and at home. It was a new experience for not only me but probably other student as well. In my honest opinion I found doing school online quite fun, more fun then I thought it would be, mostly because we had a bit of time to sleep in before joining the google meets. 

School experience:
Coming back to school was different. The desks were apart instead of it being in a cluster which we would call a table, we didn't have assembly's anymore, and we weren't allowed to hug or touch each other. At first it was difficult to not hug my friends when I saw them, but as a few days past by I became accustomed to it. Luckily the covid-19 cases came down and it was level 1. We could get close to each other again! Slowly the desks came closer together, it still isn't that cluster of desks we would consider a table but that's because we as a class choose to share two desks between two people. During this whole term we would work hard and play hard. Because our class work pretty hard during this whole term we played a few games every now and then. We mostly played Kahoot and Silent ball, but we did do more activities like hand soccer. 

Overall experience:
This term was a unique, interesting, weird and fun term. 

Highlights:
I can think of many different highlights, like skateboarding for kiwi sport, or coming back to school and seeing my friends and teacher, or having Joseph Parker speak a few words at our assembly. I think of the whole term as my highlight. The only thing I didn't like was the situation that we had to make the changes for. I wish we made those changes for a different and less sad situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment